Thursday, July 15, 2010

Welcome to the Official Re-Launch of 220 W/S

I started this blog in Apirl 2010 as a way for me to blog about fashion and beauty. But I haven't posted anything since May. I have a passion for blogging but not neccesarily for the things and celebs that I was writing about. I won't go into names but most of the celebrity fashion that I covered was already being covered by the mainstream. I wanted to blog about those things and celebs that did not recieve a lot of coverage, attention and celebration. Fast forward to this month. Literally a week ago today I decided to start wearing my natural hair. Before going natural a year and seven months ago I did research and fell in love with natural hairstyles. For me a natural hairstyle is that extra pop, that extra flair to any outfit. Natural hair is truly beautiful, unigue and extra, extra fly. Sadly not everyone feels this way. So I dedcided that since I was so passionate about natural hair that I would re-launch the blog to focus on the beauty of natural locks.

This is not to say that 220 W/S won't talk about or feature celebs with striaght hair, but natural hair and the men and women who wear it will take center stage here. I hope that this blogs helps to encourage, uplift and celebrate those who have decided to wear their natural hair with pride. I also hopes that it educates, inspires and challenges those who want to go natural and those who hold on to the negative stereotypes about natural hair.


With love, Fredina LeSha.


No comments:

Post a Comment